Sunday, November 26, 2006

The interwebs is a ball of string....

And I am it's kitten.

I've owned, used and disposed of palm pilots, and varying WINCE devices. Nothing beats pen and paper. By the time you got the pen thingy out, navigate to the notes page, I will, with pen and paper, have already captured the material. This John Henry is a pen driving man.

My commute to work takes about thirty minutes. In that time, I've come up with eight or nine ideas. Three of which will change the world as we know it, two of which will advance the cause of Phred in the world, and one which will institute world peace. On Mars.

By the time I reach work, I've usually forgotten all but one. And that one is, "pick up toothpicks, straight kind, at the store."

I use moleskines to capture many of my on the go ideas (like toothpicks). But it usually means, at the end of the day, I'm trying to organize my thoughts by flipping through old notebooks.

I like this better:

Notecards
. Who'da thunk it. A neat variation on the hipster pda.

So I organized my file folder, following directions from Hawk's flickr site.



Just need to buy some notecards, and I'll be good to go.











BTW, here's what was in it, originally. Money from my travels, and little clippings I've been meaning to get to, I suppose.



















On another note, there was a bit of a dustup between Mark Steyn and Ralph Peters, on the future of Europe. M. Steyn sees Europe becoming a subject of the Jihad (roughly) while M. Peters, putting hope in good old fashioned European habits, sees a pogrom down the road (roughly).

Charlize Theron, in a Europeanized Burqa. That would be my guess.

No comments:

google analytics