Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sometimes I scare me

When I published this toon back in October, last year, I thought it was a joke.




Now I read this, via Instapundit:

"I don't mind them asking for my ID, but they don't need my driver's license number," said Campbell, 43. "I'm just buying a six-pack. All they need to know is how old I am."

Rollins said scanning licenses has proved beneficial in other ways, such as catching criminals.

I believe Tennessee has something called TENNCARE, some kind of guvmint health care plan. I wonder how long before they link these two trends ("we see you also bought cigarettes, tsk, tsk"). Tres European. The more responsibility you hand over to the government, the more choice goes with the handover.

This is of a piece with the Cats post on neo-feudalism, the City the surrender of the metaphorical countryside to the savagery.

You know, sometime when this is all over, we're going to have a good laugh over how our cultural shamans failed us.

No comments:

google analytics