Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Absent free will....

...Scott Adams must blog this:

"Infected men have lower IQs, achieve a lower level of education and have shorter attention spans. They are also more likely to break rules and take risks, be more independent, more anti-social, suspicious, jealous and morose, and are deemed less attractive to women.

The parasites made me do it.

I do like how risk taking, short attention spans and independence are mixed in with anti-social, jealousy and a case of the uglies. OK. That's one wicked parasite.

When people state that they are incorruptible, my shorthand translates that as "I am not corruptible at the going rates." That's pretty much my situation. If someone offered me ten thousand dollars to violate a trust, I'd turn them down cold. If they offered me one hundred thousand, I'd probably report them. If they offered me a million dollars, I'd sigh deeply, wipe a tear from my eye, and then turn them down and report them. Those numbers aren't worth it to me.

Now, if Angie Everhart, in some tight fitting catsuit, and a briefcase stuffed with crisp, new, one million dollar bills approached me and said [REDACTED FOR NATIONAL SECURITY REASONS] and, then we'd [REDACTED FOR FAMILY FRIENDLINESS] and after [REDACTED FOR GOOD TASTE], then, yes, I might be tempted. That's why it's called temptation.

I identify my "temptation point" and then avoid it rigoursly. My daily commute is a constant challenge, as I tend to keep one eye on the road, and the other on the look out for Angie Everhart in a catsuit.

The burdens we bear.

I'm constantly surprised, though, how cheaply people go on the open market. Take George Soros. When this man started his political activities, he had about seven billion hard earned dollars (just ask the British). Now, many years later, he has seven billion hard earned dollars, plus some more. Mr. Soros' giving is in grants, ussually small denominations, a five hundred thousand spot bill here and there. Or the Maliks of the House Saud. The money they spend of prostelizing is hardly a dent in the Kingdom's annual shopping budget line item. Or the Persians. While we (that would be us) spent billions recontructing Bahgdad and it's surrounding environs [Iraq], the Persians were building clinics, hiring militias and "gaining friends".

Duke Cunnigham, war hero, Congressman (R-Former) is sitting in jail today over a boat. Many of the congressscritter implicated in the Abramhoff thing went down, or are going down, over dinner, trips, and comped hotel rooms. Small stuff.

Archimedes was off his rocker. You don't need a lever. Some money, salted here and there will do the trick.

Here's Angie Everhart. Not in a catsuit:

No comments:

google analytics