Saturday, May 19, 2007

Section 101(a)(15)(H)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)), as amended by Title IV

Huh?

This is a law I am meant to obey? Come on, who writes laws like this?

Don't go 55mph in a 75mph zone, I got. Don't covet thy neighbors jet boat, check. Consider April 15th the Sabbath, and keep thy wallet holey. Yup.

But "Section 101(a)(15)(H)(ii) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(H)(ii)), as amended by Title IV?"

Spare me machine readable laws.

Look, I'll always maintain that there are probably more Americans outside the border than inside. My wife, a recent immigrant, is a prime example. Plenty of Americans born "in the wrong place."

But I keep scratching my noggin about WHY we NEED a COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION BILL NOW,NOW, huh, NOW!! I mean, were there like a total of four or five illegal immigrants last week, and some time around last Monday, that number tripled to twelve million.

I feel like up I'm out back doing some light yard work, and my neighbor screams "WE NEED SOME COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM NOW!!" I'd probably respond, "Why, is the COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM house on fire?"

Geez. I haven't seen such a tempest in a teapot since Mssrs. McCain and Feingold carried water for the Pew Charitable Trust.

No comments:

google analytics