Thursday, January 25, 2007

Liking this:


Back in the day, I used to buy the International Herald Tribune on a daily basis. That' when it was selling for about a buck ten. Then, the price went up to about a buck thirty five, around the same time I figured I could read it online.

Stopped buying.

Newsweek and the Economist lasted a bit longer. I dutifully, weekly, transferred wealth to them for the Product of Ideas. Problem was, the innernet kept speeding up, and information just came pouring out.

So now, I get most of my information from the innernet, or Earl, the Undocumented Canadian who does my lawn.

It's not that I'm unwilling to buy, it's just that I live in a world were, well, a weekly seems dated. I always thought of weeklies as places of sober reflections. Silly me.

But I'm glad to see the e.e. conomist using clouds on their free exchange blog.

I'll look forward to this experiment. Put the opinion in the clouds, and give me the hard news in the weekly.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

No comments:

google analytics