Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Last Hundred Miles....

There's something to be said about hyperlocalization. But it's not for me to say.

I have happy feet. Travel is my reason for being.

Recently, I realized that I lost my passport, in our move across country. Bummer, because there's some great stamps in there. Travels made, fun had. Now, lacking physical evidence, it's between myself, my god and my government monitoring agency.

Pity.

Look, because of my undiagnosed paranoia, I have many enemies: Jihadi's in Jammies, Environmental Sounds-Gooders, Avian Flu, High Gas Prices and Excessive Work Hours.

Seems to me, they all have five things in common:

1. Travel: Either blow them up or tax them out of existence, flight and the free movement of peoles is an anathema. Our communist brethren delighted in walling in peoples. Controlling flight was just another step.

2. Individualism: Identify and eliminate the behaviour. Best option is to reform the copper top and plug it back into the main.

3. Free association: Verbotten. Rallies, Mosques and formations are the only allowed gatherings.

4. Forbidden Thoughts: They are legion. Anything can be homophobic, sexist, racist, xenophobic or haram.

5. Right Thoughts: Whatever I said last.

Mix it all up, and you're back to the past. A sort of neo-feudalism, a large die off, and the disruption of the modern world.

The "why", I have no idea. The "how" seems pretty clear.

Anyways, it's going to be fun to watch.

No comments:

google analytics