Saturday, April 14, 2007

The DoP(e)

The Department of Peace initiative has been percolating about for awhile, but thanks to Tigerhawk, I finally got to read the thing. Now, I am at peace.

As suspected, it's a piece with retrogressive progressivism. Which is a shame, when there are serious calls for a Department of Everything Else.

On the one hand, the Secretary need prevent cruelty to animals, too, on the other, enforce arms embargoes. Man, that's a lot of work for her (am I off base in assuming a her?)

The bill also throws a bone to the Human Security Doctrine. Which, I've heard of before.

O.K. Twitter interuptus. I've got a friend online, one I haven't talked to in awhile.

Let me just say it's disappointing when the way ahead is paved with retreads.

No comments:

google analytics