Monday, April 2, 2007

Meme's have Meaning II

Still laughing.

So my buddy I wrote about earlier has finally climbed from the slog of anonymity to the back pages of the New Yorker.

I gave him a call and laughed some more.

Try this on for size: the number of U.S. service members killed in Iraq has nothing to do with the rightness or, if you're so inclined, wrongness of our mission in the barbarian heartlands of pangea. Nothing.

Taking the attitude, to paraphrase the Big Red One, of "Some sacrifices too hard, Some commitments too long; Comfort First!!" is a loser. And while some will try to convince you that being a loser is a key to being liked and respected in the world, in reality, it doesn't.

But what do I know. Lord knows I'm not a "an associate professor of risk analysis and decision science at Harvard’s School of Public Health."

Lordy, save us from eggheads in ivory towers.

File under whatevs.

No comments:

google analytics